An exciting day of fellowship and training has been planned for Saturday, May 5th, on the campus of OCU. Registration begins in the Maxwell Center at 9am. The cost is only $10, which includes lunch! If two or more will be attending from the same local church, the maximum to be paid is only $20.
The ECY Youth Ministry Roundtable changes and grows each year. Don't miss out on what past attendees have described as a very helpful and refreshing boost in their ability to lead children and teens.
What will you get out of the Roundtable?
- Presenters will talk about the most relevant youth ministry issues
- Information will be distributed about upcoming youth events
- Opportunity to ask the questions you have been dying to ask
- Be encouraged by fellow youth leaders who are with you in the trenches
- Get up to speed on the latest curriculum and youth ministry resource.
Our speakers this year are Rev. Drew Aaron and Dr. Tom Hermiz.
Rev. Drew Aaron is the Education Pastor at Hilliard Church of the Nazarene. He has held a variety of roles within the church and is a veteran youth ministry trainer. He brings many years of experience in building and maintaining healthy youth programs.
Dr. Tom Hermiz, General Superintendent of the Churches of Christ in Christian Union, is a gifted writer, speaker, evangelist, and former President of World Gospel Mission.
The topics and speakers change each year. Last year, we focused on youth ministry programming, developing leaders, pastoral care skills, and social media education. This year's sessions include:
- Restarting a Youth Ministry. This session is not just for those wanting to build up a new program or improve a program in need of a jumpstart. Drew is also going to provide some tips and ideas that are essential for even the thriving youth ministries.
- Speaking: Methods and Message. Dr. Hermiz will share with us what he feels are all the important parts that make up an effective and engaging spoken message. How do you prepare? How do you keep your hearers' attention? And most importantly, what are the essentials of the holiness doctrine and what difference does is make in a teen's life?
- Full Family Ministry. Rev. Aaron will talk about one of the most undervalued facets of youth ministry. Our children grow up in the context of families. Knowing how to partner with parents and deal with family dynamics are essential for every youth leader.
Have a question or concern about the Roundtable or anything ECY related? Call or text Pastor Aaron Green at 740-415-7053.
Click here to download the Roundtable Flyer.
Click here to download the Roundtable Schedule.
9:00am – Registration
9:30am-10:00 – Welcome & Worship
10:00am-10:50 - Session 1 – Restarting a Youth Ministry (Rev. Drew Aaron)
11:00am-11:50 - Session 2 - Speaking: Methods and Message (Dr. Tom Hermiz
12:00pm-1:00 - Lunch
1:00-1:50 – Session 3 – Full Family Ministry (Rev. Drew Aaron)
2:00pm-2:30 – Q&A/Free Stuff
If you want to be better equipped for youth ministry and better connected to the CCCU youth movement, this day is for you. Please take advantage of this opportunity to be trained, encouraged, and connected with other youth leaders. We look forward to seeing you on May 5th!